Suzanne Travis G.N.S.R. F.H.T. P.R.M
I am a fully insured reflexologist, registered with the F.H.T., The F.H.T. is a government approved association which is recognised by most medical insurance schemes. I am also a member of Professional Reflexology, a forward thinking Association who uphold high standards and professionalism.
I graduated with the Northern School of Reflexology with a level 3 Diploma in 2006. I have received extensive training in Reiki and was attuned to Reiki 1 and Tera-Mai Seichem in 2007. Two years later, after working one to one for 6 months with a Reiki master, I was attuned to Reiki 2.
I have attended numerous workshops to extend my knowledge and working practice. These include:
* Reflexology conference with world wide speakers on various aspects of Reflexology
* Precision Reflexology with Jan Williamson
* Energy and Vibrational Healing, (including Chakra balancing and past life experience healing via the
feet) with Sue Ricks
* Reflexology Lymph Drainage with Sally Kay
* Advanced workshop for Hot Stone Reflexology and Advanced Gentle Touch Reflexology Techniques with
* Finger Free Reflexology with David Waite at Jubilee College
* Enhancing Fertility and Maternity Care with David Waite at Jubilee College
* One Day Chi Reflexology Seminar with Audrey Scully, Australian College of Chi-Reflexology
* Meridian and Reflexology Training Day with Vanessa Bolton at Standish School of Reflexology
* Aroma-Massage day for balance and healing with Emmalene Katayama of the Yorkshire School of
* Japanese Tsuboki Face Massage - Level 1 with Anne Parry at Orchid Indulgence Massage and Beauty
* Upper Body Acupressure with Anne Rabbitts, The Guild of Holistic Therapists
* Spiritual Massage, an introduction to Advanced Healing Techniques with Emmalene Katayama of the
Yorkshire School of Natural Healing
* Hara - The Secret Within with Paul Hand, Life Skills Center, Doncaster
My PracticeOver the last 11 years, I have built up a successful reflexology/reiki practise. I run an established Reiki/Reflexology business in the Scunthorpe and Doncaster areas. I mainly work
I have occasionally worked at 'Empathy', Scunthorpe, a support group for relatives of addicts, Lindsey Lodge Hospice and the Mental Health Group in Goole. I have also given talks and taster sessions at different institutes including the Thorne Family Support Group where I take part in pamper evenings for the carers.
The Way I work.
Every therapist develops their own way of working which is personal to them. I am just as happy giving a one off relaxation session, or a series of more in depth treatments. Every session I hold is geared to each individual and I will adapt the treatment by using varying degrees of Reflexology, Reiki and Acupressure depending on the needs of the client. I will regularly reassess and if necessary, make adjustments as needed. A
My personal experience of working the feet
In my experience, the feet accurately reflect the state of our bodies. If someone has a physical problem, the corresponding area of the foot will be sensitive in some way. I can find problem areas in the body by working on the feet. Sometimes I will find areas that feel constricted in some way ie. skin tension in the area I am working. There could also be a small lump or the skin might feel less pliable or as soft as it should. Other areas may feel grainy or 'crackly' as I run my fingers over the skin. The latter usually reflects
What You Will need for a session
For home visits, I bring my own reclining couch and everything I need for a session other than a pillow and two medium sized towels. In my therapy room in Belton, you need bring nothing else but yourself, your bare feet and an open heart!